MHFCU In The Community
Every credit union has a special obligation to give back to the community it serves. As a healthcare credit union, Montana Health feels that obligation takes on a more significant meaning. The exceptional people that we serve are saving lives every day, either directly or through support roles — the least we can do is find a way to give back to the organizations they work at to help them in their good work.
Below is a list of some of the events/organizations the credit union is currently or has recently sponsored:
- “Hiding in Plain Sight” Sponsor A film detailing the hidden epidemic of mental health issues in children. The credit union helped sponsor a free screening of the film at the Alberta Bair Theater.
- St. John’s CNA Scholarship The Credit Union provides scholarships for the St. John’s CNA training program. To quote one of the participants:
- “I deeply appreciate the scholarship award for my Certified Nursing Assistant class. Your thoughtfulness has assisted me greatly in my time of need. I am looking at a career change and this scholarship will help get me on that path”.
- RiverStone Health Foundation Hospice Golf Tournament – Montana Health FCU sponsors the beverage cart, and fields a men’s team and women’s team for the RiverStone Health Foundation Hospice Golf Tournament. The credit union also participates on the tournament committee.
- Rubber Duck Regatta A benefit for Big Sky Senior Services in conjunction with the Midland Empire Chapter of Credit Unions
- Shodair Children’s Hospital MHFCU is part of the CU4Kids committee through the Montana Credit Union Network. The committee is dedicated to providing assistance to the Shodair Children’s Hospital in Helena.
Montana Health is a member of a number of community and trade associations. These organizations either help us connect with other credit unions, the communities we have offices in, or, most importantly, the healthcare community we are chartered to serve. Below are some of the associations we are members of:
- Credit Union National Association
- Health Care Credit Union Association
- Montana Credit Union Network
- Midland Empire Chapter of Credit Unions
- Montana Council of Cooperatives
- Associated Employers
- Montana Hospital Association
- Montana HealthCare Associationll